On 09/19/2016 07:50 PM, Steven Kiehl wrote:

> So I adding that address as a hard-coded gateway in the
> shorewall/providers configuration.  I basically followed the
> multi-isp directions and skipped the multi part of it.  Seems
> functional, for now.
>
> So, I can get to ipv6.google.com <http://ipv6.google.com> and most
> of the tests seem to work right, but it's not ideal. I don't want
> to have to re-determine the gateway address every time it magically
> changes.  I haven't learned of any way to pull it down through any
> sort of console command.  At least I can say I've got it 90% of the
> way there.  And TWC still has no IPv6-only DNS either, all
> delivered over IPv4.
>
> So I've got everything working except automatic detection of the
> default gateway.  Using "DETECT" in the providers throws an error
> about not being able to find the default gateway, even though it's
> DHCP.  By adding the default gateway address, it does list an
> additional route to 'ip -6 route' for the external interface.
>
> I'll keep searching around for an automated solution, but for now
> adding a provider like the following seems to work:
>
> TWC    1       1      -           enp1s0f0    $IPV6_GATEWAY
> track

You can keep using that approach, only set IPV6_GATEWAY to the
link-local address of the router; that won't change, even if the
delegated subnet does.

- -Tom
- --
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car