On 11/14/2017 01:32 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-11-14 at 08:34 -0800, Tom Eastep wrote:
>> +        case "$IP" in
>> +            */*)
>> +                if [ ! -x "$IP" ] ; then
>> +                    fatal_error "The program specified in IP ($IP) does not
>> exist or is not executable"
>> +                fi
>
> This results in $IP needing to exist and be executable in the same path
> on the local machine as it does on the remote machine, doesn't it?
>
> Here it's yielding:
>
> ++ id -u
> + '[' -z '' -a 1001 = 0 ']'
> + '[' -n /usr/bin/ip ']'
> + case "$IP" in
> + '[' '!' -x /usr/bin/ip ']'
> + fatal_error 'The program specified in IP (/usr/bin/ip) does not exist or is
> not executable'
> + echo '   ERROR: The program specified in IP (/usr/bin/ip) does not exist or
> is not executable'
>    ERROR: The program specified in IP (/usr/bin/ip) does not exist or is not
> executable
> + exit 2
>
> I'd guess we don't really want to apply an "[ ! -x "$IP" ]" test if the
> operation is a remote-reload, do we?

I don't understanding how you are falling into the case statement if you
are running under uid 1001.

Tom Eastep        \   Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with
Shoreline,         \     an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you can't
http://shorewall.org \   understand