On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 06:52 +0100, Matt Darfeuille wrote:

> Ok -- You seem to be fixated on not restricting the use of the lock
> utility.

Please don't be so defensive.  That's not it at all.  I am trying to
debug a problem here and in trying to do that I am trying to understand
the nature of the problem and the tool(s) involved in the problem.

I'm just trying to understand why you think "lock" should be exclusive
to OpenWRT and that you suggested previously that even though I am on
OpenWRT that I should "pass other option to lock".  It seems like you
might know something I don't.  I'm just trying to discover what that
is.

> As I don't see this conversation going anywhere

I guess it will only not go anywhere if everyone chooses to not
participate in trying to shine a light on a potential bug.  That would
be a pity.

> 1)  I don't get that behavier on OpenWRT 15.05.1 with shorewall-lite
> 5.1.10.2.

Are you building your OpenWRT packages yourself or using something
built upstream/elsewhere?

> Note that Shorewall is patched:
> 1a68d87c9
> c518cfaa4
> 09980cc75
> e0a757ea0
> 550003f0f

What is the reference point for those sha1s?  Which git repository are
they referring to?

> 2) Using /etc for temporary files.

Why /etc/ and not /tmp?

Cheers,