Am 12.10.18 um 00:54 schrieb Tom Eastep:
> On 10/11/2018 05:36 AM, Jan Bergner wrote:

>>> Which Shorewall version are you using? Your interfaces file above is
>>> FORMAT 1, which suggests that the version is quite old.
>>>
>>> -Tom
>> Hello Tom,
>>
>> thank you for your response.
>>
>> On this particular system, we use the official version, shipped with
>> Debian 9. (5.0.15.6)
>>
>> However, we produce some IoT devices, based on OpenEmbedded, that are
>> using version 4.4.14, and we try to use a config style that is working
>> for both versions.
>>
>> Thus, we use the old format, indeed.
>>
> Okay - I believe that something else is going on in your configuration
> that is causing the issue. It would be helpful if you would:
>
> a) shorewall show -f capabilities > /etc/shorewall/capabilities
> b) Tar up your /etc/shorewall/ directory and sent the tar file to me
> privately.
>
> Thanks!
> -Tom

Hello Tom,

actually, I just got it sorted out, myself - at least it would seem that
way.

When you asked for capabilities, I noticed, that they differed from the
capabilities on another Debian-9-host.

The difference between the machines is, that my troublemaker system was
not freshly installed, but upgraded over quite some OS versions.

So, I replaced the shorewall.conf by the one from the
clean-install-system and created a test zone and it worked.

I guess that settles it, but I see that I should look into the new
config formats.

Anyway, thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

Best regards,

Jan

*Jan Bergner, M.Sc. *
Senior IT Administrator