Thanks,Narendra

From: Ricardo <ricardofantin gmail com>To: Narendra Acharya <narendra_m_a yahoo
com>Cc: "shotwell-list gnome org" <shotwell-list gnome org>Subject: Re:
[Shotwell] Enhance face detectionDate: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 10:48:21 -0300Hello.In
https://valadoc.org/opencv/index.htm there is a vapi to link directfrom vala to
opencv without c/c++ in the middle. Some considerations:First, it use OpenCV 2
which cannot detect automatically the presenceof a graphic card capable to use
OpenCL.Second, in the last stable Debian the OpenCV3 is not available yet. Soit
would not be possible to easily compile it in Debian.In the vapi, the functions
about matrix eigenvalues to recognizespecific person faces are available
too.I'm working in a new user experience
-https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/shotwell/issues/13 - for faces. If youwork in
bring the OpenCV3 to valadoc and use that vapi in shotwellprobably we will not
work in the same lines of code and we will nothave much work in a merge.Phako,
some time ago in a pull-request you mentioned that the use ofc++ is not a big
issue. Is ok to Narendra work in the use of theOpenCV vapi in shotwell
now?Bye,Ricardo.2018-06-22 5:08 GMT-03:00, Narendra Acharya via