I'm actually working on one right now complete with screen shots, instructions, and my own personal screw ups! Unfortunately due to my schedule right now it probably won't be completed until Thursday.
If you have libraw, gexiv2, and vala installed you should just be able to download the shotwell source, configure, make, and sudo make install, much in the same way you probably did everything else. If there are any errors during configure just post them here. Someone should be able to point you in the right direction! On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Florian Heiser <[email protected]>wrote: > Dear list members, > > I would like to install shotwell 0.8.1 on Ubuntu lucid but unfortunately > can't understand the given instructions > (http://www.yorba.org/shotwell/install/#source). > > I downloaded the tarballs of libraw, gexiv2 and vala0.10 but do I build > and install? > > If that is done, I would continue with downloading shotwell0.8.1 from > http://www.yorba.org/download/shotwell/0.8/shotwell-0.8.1.tar.bz2 and > trying: > $ ./configure > $ make > # make install > > Does anybody know about a manual for beginners posted somewhere?? > > > Thank you for your help! > > Best regards > Flo > _______________________________________________ > Shotwell mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.yorba.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/shotwell > _______________________________________________ Shotwell mailing list [email protected] http://lists.yorba.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/shotwell
