The obligatory warning should be posted here: There are a ton of packages in that repository. I would be cautious about adding that and upgrading your system. Things (mostly dependencies, I'm thinking) may break. In my opinion, if you have the patience and time it would probably be far better to compile from source so that you don't run the risk of upgrading the wrong package and breaking something. My 2 cents though, apparently this repository has worked for many people.
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:45 PM, ubuntubrian <[email protected]> wrote: > > I discovered on the Ubuntu forums this: > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=10369831 > > You can install the repo that is described and install shotwell .8.1 from > synaptic. I did and it works fine and seems much easier than the building > from source that I tried and kept getting errors. > > Basically you enable the repo as per the instructions here: > https://launchpad.net/~guido-iodice/+archive/guiodiclucid > > install shotwell from synaptic which will now show version .8.1. I had > already installed all the dependencies manually from the shotwell > instructions so no other packages were installed. I would think that > synaptic will pull in the dependencies just fine if you haven't installed > them yet. > > I disabled the repository after installing shotwell as it had upgrades for > many packages and I'm not sure the safety in doing the upgrade. > -- > View this message in context: > http://shotwell.3510.www.nabble.com/Shotwell-Problems-installing-Shotwell-0-8-1-on-Ubuntu-lucid-tp32501p32582.html > Sent from the Shotwell mailing list archive at Nabble.com. > _______________________________________________ > Shotwell mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.yorba.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/shotwell > _______________________________________________ Shotwell mailing list [email protected] http://lists.yorba.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/shotwell
