Hi Grant,

You can't see the photo in Shotwell, but Shotwell -- at least according to its own import log -- thinks that you've previously imported the same file. I'm curious if you at some point (perhaps accidentally) marked the photo as "Rejected?" If this is the case, you should be able to see the photo by pressing F8 to bring up the Search Filter bar and then choosing All+Rejected from the ratings filter popup.

Lucas