On 06/04/2013 08:37 AM, jhoran wrote:
Hi all,

Additional comments:

I guess that Shotwell use dcraw to extract the embeded JPG in the raw file
in order to generate the thumb.
In my case, Shotwell cannot generate the thumb for RAF file of Fuji X100S
because the latest dcraw stable release does not support this camera.

I noticed that Libraw 0.15.2 can handle the Fuji X100S RAF file correctly.

One nice feature would be to let the user to configure the command line to
extract the JPG from the RAW file. That would let freedom to the user to use
whatever raw extracter he/she wants. Fotoxx does that.

In my particular case I would use dcraw_emu from Libraw and everything would
work perfectly.

Hope it helps someone.

Jhoran

Jhoran,

Shotwell actually uses libraw behind the scenes (which I believe dcraw does as well). Which version of libraw is your shotwell linked against? I'll grab a X100S raw file and test.

You can actually "trick" shotwell into using a thumbnail you specify, if you import as a raw+jpg. To do this you need to generate the jpg before import and the basenames need to be the same (with the proper extensions).

hope that helps,,
-Joe