Dear SIESTA's users

I have a question about the memory allocated for a calculation. Here is my
problem :
When I run an optimisation for a slab of Gold with an unit cell containing 15
atoms with the following parameters :
MD.TypeOfRun         cg
MD.NumCGsteps        250
MD.MaxCGDispl        0.1  Ang
MD.MaxForceTol       0.03 eV/Ang
MD.VariableCell      .true.
 the calculation ended correctly and the memory alloacated is around 1200 MB

But when I  put a small molecule on the surface and run an optimisation process
only for the molecule and the first layer of gold (i;e. 8 atoms in the unit
cell in my case) - the others atoms are fixed in their position - with the
keyword :

MD.TypeOfRun         cg
MD.NumCGsteps        250
MD.MaxCGDispl        0.1  Ang
MD.MaxForceTol       0.03 eV/Ang
MD.VariableCell      .false.

The run stop after a few cycles because the memory neeeded is too high ( > 2100
GB)

In the first case I have a dynamic with 15 atoms and no problem but in the
second case there are only 8 atoms to be optimised and it doesn't work. I don't
understand why !!!

Thanks in advance

David C.
Belgium

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs
exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.