Hello,

Ray Sheppard wrote:
Hi folks,
   I am new here.  I am trying to compile Siesta 2.0 with MPI on a LINUX
PowerPC and MPICH-1.2.7.  It configures and runs its tests against
libmpich.a and builds.  I have added --disable-shared to my configure
script.  Everything looks fine until runtime.  I then get the error:

siesta-2.0/Src/siesta: error while loading shared libraries:
libmpich.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

this message is copied three times.  I have tried lots of wild ideas and
searched through your message archives.  Please, someone tell me how to
turn it off!  Thanks very much!

My guess would be, although I can't be certain, that all you have to do is had the folder where you have libmpich.so to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Supposing your folder containing that library is /opt/mpich/lib you should do:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/mpich/lib

Linux has some places where it automatically looks for libraries but, if you don't put your stuff there you have to declare it.

Best,
Daniel Jana

--
Daniel Jana - Ph.D. Student
Laboratory for Computational Molecular Design (LCMD)