Hi Zheng and Marcos
I tried the pseudo-generation for Ar as it looks at siesta-trunk-301/Pseudo/atom/Tutorial/PS_Generation/Ar/Ar.vdw.inp
I found the same problem as Marcos (first email) and Zheng (last email):
############################
Stepsize not significant in RKQC.
Stepsize not significant in RKQC.
ODEINT - Too many steps.
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
atm                0000000000400229  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
==> Output data in directory Ar.vdw
==> Pseudopotential in Ar.vdw.vps and Ar.vdw.psf (and maybe in Ar.vdw.xml)
###########################################################
I tried different rc's, with the same problem.
Regarding compilation, I tried the same arch.make used for compiling siesta-serial, with all the -optimization levels without any important change.
Here is my arch.make
Regards
Ricardo
---------------
ifort#
FFLAGS= -w -O1 -mp1
EXTRA_LIBS=-lpthread -lsvml
FFLAGS_DEBUG= -g
LDFLAGS= -static
COMP_LIBS=
RANLIB=echo
#
NETCDF_LIBS=
NETCDF_INTERFACE=
DEFS_CDF=
#
MPI_INTERFACE=
MPI_INCLUDE=
DEFS_MPI=
#
GUIDE=/opt/intel/cmkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t/libguide.a
LAPACK=/opt/intel/cmkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t/libmkl_lapack.a
BLAS=/opt/intel/cmkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t/libmkl_em64t.a
LIBS=$(LAPACK) $(BLAS)  $(GUIDE) $(EXTRA_LIBS)
SYS=nag
FPPFLAGS= $(FPPFLAGS_CDF) $(FPPFLAGS_MPI)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dr. Ricardo Faccio
 Prof. Adjunto de Física
 Mail: Cryssmat-Lab., Cátedra de Física, DETEMA
 Facultad de Química, Universidad de la República
      Av. Gral. Flores 2124, C.C. 1157
      C.P. 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay.
 E-mail: [email protected]
 Phone: 598 2 924 98 59
             598 2 929 06 48
 Fax:    598 2 9241906
 Web:  http://cryssmat.fq.edu.uy/ricardo/ricardo.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcos Veríssimo Alves" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [SIESTA-L] VdW XC problem


I would, but right now I don't have access to my computer where I have
compiled siesta with gfortran. It's very weird that no matter which
complier you use, no difference is seen. Instead, please send me:

1) your arch.make,
2) your input file for the pseudo

so that I can see and try to check if anything is wrong at all.

Cheers,

Marcos

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM, ZhengPing Fu <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi, Marcos,

I compiled serial version of siesta and atom with gfortran -c -g -O2,
it make no difference. The error is

splint: ERROR: X out of range
Stopping Program from Node: 0
../../Utils/pg.sh: line 44: 32613 Aborted $prog
cp: cannot stat `VPSOUT': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `VPSFMT': No such file or directory

no Pseudopotential are created.

Would you mind to share your atm program with me?

Thanks

Zhengping


-----Original E-mail-----
From: "Marcos Veríssimo Alves" <[email protected]>
Sent time: 2009-10-24 01:06:20
To: [email protected]
CC:
Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] VdW XC problem

Zhengping,

Some time ago I sent a long email about the use of compilers and maybe
this issue got diluted in the middle of the whole thing. Use either
g95 or gfortran to compile it serially, it'll work.

Marcos

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM, ZhengPing Fu <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, Marcos
>
> I also try to create vdw pseudopotential of carbon. I use > siesta-trunk-301/Tests/Pseudos/C.vdw.inp
> as the input file, and I get the error: splint: ERROR: X out of range.
> It make no difference whether I compile atom program with gcc, ifor, > mpich2, openmpi or serial arch.make. > I want to use the XC version because I am try to do some calc on > double layer graphene, while the relaxation results with siesta2.02 > and siesta3.0b give too small layer distance. Maybe it's due to the > incorrect vdw force in
> siesta2.02 and siesta3.0b.
>
> cheers!
>
> zhengping
>
> -----Original E-mail-----
>> From: "Marcos Veríssimo Alves" <[email protected]>
>> Sent time: 2009-10-18 06:49:19
>> To: [email protected]
>> CC:
>> Subject: [SIESTA-L] VdW XC problem
>>
>> Hi SIESTA developers,
>>
>> I have compiled the trunk version sucessfully (ifort 10.1.015, mkl
>> 10.0.1.014, gcc4.3.3-5ubuntu4 for all the libraries) and >> re-calculated
>> a relaxation (originally performed with SIESTA 0.12 - !!!!) with it,
>> with good agreement on the final geometries on GGA. Now I'd like to
>> perform the same relaxation but using the VdW functional included in
>> the trunk version. However, I am having trouble generating the >> pseudos
>> with the VdW functional, for C, H and O. Using the LDA input file in
>> the user-contributed pseudo database for SIESTA for H, the >> calculation
>> on ATOM starts but after some time (much longer than with the usual
>> generation times for LDA and GGA) I get the following error:
>>
>> ODEINT - Too many steps.
>> ODEINT - Too many steps.
>> forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
>> Image PC Routine Line
>> Source
>> atm 00000000004DC594 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 00000000004DB656 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 00000000004DF815 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 000000000049B787 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 000000000043945C Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 000000000041636A Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 0000000000409459 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 000000000040108B Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 00000000004002FE Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 00000000005846E1 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> atm 00000000004001E9 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>> ==> Output data in directory H.vdw
>> ==> Pseudopotential in H.vdw.vps and H.vdw.psf (and maybe in >> H.vdw.xml)
>>
>> Using a smaller rc (say 0.8 instead of 1.25) for the s channel, I get
>> a different error: "Stepsize not significant in RKQC". Since the
>> pseudo files are written nonetheless, I looked at H.vdw.psf and found
>> that the initial values for the pseudopotential are huge and >> positive:
>>
>> Down Pseudopotential follows (l on next line)
>> 0
>> 0.549103214316E+39 0.117500146714E+40 0.166669234150E+40 >> 0.237719184583E+40 >> 0.285353560992E+40 0.353790433179E+40 0.410640166051E+40 >> 0.473604557600E+40 >> 0.535672527076E+40 0.598766945589E+40 0.662573971183E+40 >> 0.727126597569E+40 >> 0.792432802699E+40 0.858500612833E+40 0.925338124816E+40 >> 0.992953500075E+40 >> 0.106135495208E+41 0.113055080187E+41 0.120054936526E+41 >> 0.127135908317E+41
>>
>> and that at some point they converge to -2 (?):
>>
>> 0.456930826243E+43 0.101859895292E+42 0.314589853862E+41 >> 0.116397450388E+41 >> -0.629471476686E+40 0.760405662914E+39 0.341641877055E+38 >> 0.196285512413E+35
>> -0.101201540265E+31 -0.213016981113E+22 -6742.38640266 -2.00000000052
>> -2.00000000025 -2.00000000012 -2.00000000006 -2.00000000003
>> -2.00000000001 -2.00000000001 -2.00000000000 -2.00000000000
>>
>> As the compilation of atom is now related to that of siesta itself, I
>> am including the arch.make of my (serial) siesta-trunk at the end of
>> this email. In the references to the VdW functional I have not found
>> anything that could be useful to identify a possible source of error.
>> I applied the patch for the siesta trunk version before compiling it
>> as well. Is there a problem with the version of ATOM that comes with
>> it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Marcos
>>
>> #
>> # This file is part of the SIESTA package.
>> #
>> # Copyright (c) Fundacion General Universidad Autonoma de Madrid:
>> # E.Artacho, J.Gale, A.Garcia, J.Junquera, P.Ordejon, >> D.Sanchez-Portal
>> # and J.M.Soler, 1996- .
>> #
>> # Use of this software constitutes agreement with the full conditions
>> # given in the SIESTA license, as signed by all legitimate users.
>> #
>> .SUFFIXES:
>> .SUFFIXES: .f .F .o .a .f90 .F90
>>
>> SIESTA_ARCH=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu--Intel
>>
>> FPP=
>> FPP_OUTPUT=
>> FC=ifort
>> RANLIB=ranlib
>>
>> SYS=nag
>>
>> SP_KIND=4
>> DP_KIND=8
>> KINDS=$(SP_KIND) $(DP_KIND)
>>
>> #FFLAGS= -w -mp1 -tpp6 -O2 -prec_div -reentrancy none -prefetch
>> FFLAGS= -g -mp -O2
>> FPPFLAGS= -DFC_HAVE_FLUSH -DFC_HAVE_ABORT
>> LDFLAGS= -Vaxlib -i-static -static
>>
>> ARFLAGS_EXTRA=
>>
>> FCFLAGS_fixed_f=
>> FCFLAGS_free_f90=
>> FPPFLAGS_fixed_F=
>> FPPFLAGS_free_F90=
>>
>> BLAS_LIBS= -L/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/em64t -lmkl_em64t
>> LAPACK_LIBS=-L/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/em64t -lmkl_lapack
>> BLACS_LIBS=
>> SCALAPACK_LIBS=
>>
>> COMP_LIBS=
>>
>> NETCDF_LIBS=/usr/lib/libnetcdf.so.4.0.0
>> NETCDF_INTERFACE=
>>
>> #LIBS=$(SCALAPACK_LIBS) $(BLACS_LIBS) $(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) >> $(NETCDF_LIBS)
>> LIBS= -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_em64t -lguide -lpthread -lmkl_core
>>
>> #SIESTA needs an F90 interface to MPI
>> #This will give you SIESTA's own implementation
>> #If your compiler vendor offers an alternative, you may change
>> #to it here.
>> MPI_INTERFACE=
>> MPI_INCLUDE=
>> MPI_LIBS=
>> DEFS_MPI=
>>
>> #Dependency rules are created by autoconf according to whether
>> #discrete preprocessing is necessary or not.
>> .F.o:
>> $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS_fixed_F) $<
>> .F90.o:
>> $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS_free_F90) $<
>> .f.o:
>> $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FCFLAGS_fixed_f) $<
>> .f90.o:
>> $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FCFLAGS_free_f90) $<
>
>
> --
>
> 211 LRSM, 3231 Walnut Str., Philadelphia, PA 19104
> 215-573-8440
>


--

211 LRSM, 3231 Walnut Str., Philadelphia, PA 19104
215-573-8440


Responder a