Ricardo,

As I wrote in so many previous emails now, when I tried to compile
ATOM with ifort, I had the errors you mention. When I switched to g95
or gfortran, I got a working pseudo with the van der Waals functional.

Marcos

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Ricardo Faccio <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Zheng and Marcos
> I tried the pseudo-generation for Ar as it looks at
> siesta-trunk-301/Pseudo/atom/Tutorial/PS_Generation/Ar/Ar.vdw.inp
> I found the same problem as Marcos (first email) and Zheng (last email):
> ############################
> Stepsize not significant in RKQC.
> Stepsize not significant in RKQC.
> ODEINT - Too many steps.
> forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
> Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
> atm                0000000000400229  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
> ==> Output data in directory Ar.vdw
> ==> Pseudopotential in Ar.vdw.vps and Ar.vdw.psf (and maybe in Ar.vdw.xml)
> ###########################################################
> I tried different rc's, with the same problem.
> Regarding compilation, I tried the same arch.make used for compiling
> siesta-serial, with all the -optimization levels without any important
> change.
> Here is my arch.make
> Regards
> Ricardo
> ---------------
> ifort#
> FFLAGS= -w -O1 -mp1
> EXTRA_LIBS=-lpthread -lsvml
> FFLAGS_DEBUG= -g
> LDFLAGS= -static
> COMP_LIBS=
> RANLIB=echo
> #
> NETCDF_LIBS=
> NETCDF_INTERFACE=
> DEFS_CDF=
> #
> MPI_INTERFACE=
> MPI_INCLUDE=
> DEFS_MPI=
> #
> GUIDE=/opt/intel/cmkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t/libguide.a
> LAPACK=/opt/intel/cmkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t/libmkl_lapack.a
> BLAS=/opt/intel/cmkl/10.0.5.025/lib/em64t/libmkl_em64t.a
> LIBS=$(LAPACK) $(BLAS)  $(GUIDE) $(EXTRA_LIBS)
> SYS=nag
> FPPFLAGS= $(FPPFLAGS_CDF) $(FPPFLAGS_MPI)
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  Dr. Ricardo Faccio
>  Prof. Adjunto de Física
>  Mail: Cryssmat-Lab., Cátedra de Física, DETEMA
>  Facultad de Química, Universidad de la República
>      Av. Gral. Flores 2124, C.C. 1157
>      C.P. 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay.
>  E-mail: [email protected]
>  Phone: 598 2 924 98 59
>             598 2 929 06 48
>  Fax:    598 2 9241906
>  Web:  http://cryssmat.fq.edu.uy/ricardo/ricardo.htm
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcos Veríssimo Alves"
> <[email protected]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 5:44 PM
> Subject: Re: Re: [SIESTA-L] VdW XC problem
>
>
>> I would, but right now I don't have access to my computer where I have
>> compiled siesta with gfortran. It's very weird that no matter which
>> complier you use, no difference is seen. Instead, please send me:
>>
>> 1) your arch.make,
>> 2) your input file for the pseudo
>>
>> so that I can see and try to check if anything is wrong at all.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Marcos
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM, ZhengPing Fu <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, Marcos,
>>>
>>> I compiled serial version of siesta and atom with gfortran -c -g -O2,
>>> it make no difference. The error is
>>>
>>> splint: ERROR: X out of range
>>> Stopping Program from Node: 0
>>> ../../Utils/pg.sh: line 44: 32613 Aborted $prog
>>> cp: cannot stat `VPSOUT': No such file or directory
>>> cp: cannot stat `VPSFMT': No such file or directory
>>>
>>> no Pseudopotential are created.
>>>
>>> Would you mind to share your atm program with me?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Zhengping
>>>
>>>
>>> -----Original E-mail-----
>>>>
>>>> From: "Marcos Veríssimo Alves" <[email protected]>
>>>> Sent time: 2009-10-24 01:06:20
>>>> To: [email protected]
>>>> CC:
>>>> Subject: Re: [SIESTA-L] VdW XC problem
>>>>
>>>> Zhengping,
>>>>
>>>> Some time ago I sent a long email about the use of compilers and maybe
>>>> this issue got diluted in the middle of the whole thing. Use either
>>>> g95 or gfortran to compile it serially, it'll work.
>>>>
>>>> Marcos
>>>>
>>>> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:38 PM, ZhengPing Fu <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> > Hi, Marcos
>>>> >
>>>> > I also try to create vdw pseudopotential of carbon. I use >
>>>> > siesta-trunk-301/Tests/Pseudos/C.vdw.inp
>>>> > as the input file, and I get the error: splint: ERROR: X out of range.
>>>> > It make no difference whether I compile atom program with gcc, ifor, >
>>>> > mpich2, openmpi or serial arch.make.
>>>> > I want to use the XC version because I am try to do some calc on >
>>>> > double layer graphene, while the relaxation results with siesta2.02 > and
>>>> > siesta3.0b give too small layer distance. Maybe it's due to the > 
>>>> > incorrect
>>>> > vdw force in
>>>> > siesta2.02 and siesta3.0b.
>>>> >
>>>> > cheers!
>>>> >
>>>> > zhengping
>>>> >
>>>> > -----Original E-mail-----
>>>> >> From: "Marcos Veríssimo Alves" <[email protected]>
>>>> >> Sent time: 2009-10-18 06:49:19
>>>> >> To: [email protected]
>>>> >> CC:
>>>> >> Subject: [SIESTA-L] VdW XC problem
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Hi SIESTA developers,
>>>> >>
>>>> >> I have compiled the trunk version sucessfully (ifort 10.1.015, mkl
>>>> >> 10.0.1.014, gcc4.3.3-5ubuntu4 for all the libraries) and >>
>>>> >> re-calculated
>>>> >> a relaxation (originally performed with SIESTA 0.12 - !!!!) with it,
>>>> >> with good agreement on the final geometries on GGA. Now I'd like to
>>>> >> perform the same relaxation but using the VdW functional included in
>>>> >> the trunk version. However, I am having trouble generating the >>
>>>> >> pseudos
>>>> >> with the VdW functional, for C, H and O. Using the LDA input file in
>>>> >> the user-contributed pseudo database for SIESTA for H, the >>
>>>> >> calculation
>>>> >> on ATOM starts but after some time (much longer than with the usual
>>>> >> generation times for LDA and GGA) I get the following error:
>>>> >>
>>>> >> ODEINT - Too many steps.
>>>> >> ODEINT - Too many steps.
>>>> >> forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
>>>> >> Image PC Routine Line
>>>> >> Source
>>>> >> atm 00000000004DC594 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 00000000004DB656 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 00000000004DF815 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 000000000049B787 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 000000000043945C Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 000000000041636A Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 0000000000409459 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 000000000040108B Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 00000000004002FE Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 00000000005846E1 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> atm 00000000004001E9 Unknown Unknown Unknown
>>>> >> ==> Output data in directory H.vdw
>>>> >> ==> Pseudopotential in H.vdw.vps and H.vdw.psf (and maybe in >>
>>>> >> H.vdw.xml)
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Using a smaller rc (say 0.8 instead of 1.25) for the s channel, I get
>>>> >> a different error: "Stepsize not significant in RKQC". Since the
>>>> >> pseudo files are written nonetheless, I looked at H.vdw.psf and found
>>>> >> that the initial values for the pseudopotential are huge and >>
>>>> >> positive:
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Down Pseudopotential follows (l on next line)
>>>> >> 0
>>>> >> 0.549103214316E+39 0.117500146714E+40 0.166669234150E+40 >>
>>>> >> 0.237719184583E+40
>>>> >> 0.285353560992E+40 0.353790433179E+40 0.410640166051E+40 >>
>>>> >> 0.473604557600E+40
>>>> >> 0.535672527076E+40 0.598766945589E+40 0.662573971183E+40 >>
>>>> >> 0.727126597569E+40
>>>> >> 0.792432802699E+40 0.858500612833E+40 0.925338124816E+40 >>
>>>> >> 0.992953500075E+40
>>>> >> 0.106135495208E+41 0.113055080187E+41 0.120054936526E+41 >>
>>>> >> 0.127135908317E+41
>>>> >>
>>>> >> and that at some point they converge to -2 (?):
>>>> >>
>>>> >> 0.456930826243E+43 0.101859895292E+42 0.314589853862E+41 >>
>>>> >> 0.116397450388E+41
>>>> >> -0.629471476686E+40 0.760405662914E+39 0.341641877055E+38 >>
>>>> >> 0.196285512413E+35
>>>> >> -0.101201540265E+31 -0.213016981113E+22 -6742.38640266 -2.00000000052
>>>> >> -2.00000000025 -2.00000000012 -2.00000000006 -2.00000000003
>>>> >> -2.00000000001 -2.00000000001 -2.00000000000 -2.00000000000
>>>> >>
>>>> >> As the compilation of atom is now related to that of siesta itself, I
>>>> >> am including the arch.make of my (serial) siesta-trunk at the end of
>>>> >> this email. In the references to the VdW functional I have not found
>>>> >> anything that could be useful to identify a possible source of error.
>>>> >> I applied the patch for the siesta trunk version before compiling it
>>>> >> as well. Is there a problem with the version of ATOM that comes with
>>>> >> it?
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Cheers,
>>>> >>
>>>> >> Marcos
>>>> >>
>>>> >> #
>>>> >> # This file is part of the SIESTA package.
>>>> >> #
>>>> >> # Copyright (c) Fundacion General Universidad Autonoma de Madrid:
>>>> >> # E.Artacho, J.Gale, A.Garcia, J.Junquera, P.Ordejon, >>
>>>> >> D.Sanchez-Portal
>>>> >> # and J.M.Soler, 1996- .
>>>> >> #
>>>> >> # Use of this software constitutes agreement with the full conditions
>>>> >> # given in the SIESTA license, as signed by all legitimate users.
>>>> >> #
>>>> >> .SUFFIXES:
>>>> >> .SUFFIXES: .f .F .o .a .f90 .F90
>>>> >>
>>>> >> SIESTA_ARCH=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu--Intel
>>>> >>
>>>> >> FPP=
>>>> >> FPP_OUTPUT=
>>>> >> FC=ifort
>>>> >> RANLIB=ranlib
>>>> >>
>>>> >> SYS=nag
>>>> >>
>>>> >> SP_KIND=4
>>>> >> DP_KIND=8
>>>> >> KINDS=$(SP_KIND) $(DP_KIND)
>>>> >>
>>>> >> #FFLAGS= -w -mp1 -tpp6 -O2 -prec_div -reentrancy none -prefetch
>>>> >> FFLAGS= -g -mp -O2
>>>> >> FPPFLAGS= -DFC_HAVE_FLUSH -DFC_HAVE_ABORT
>>>> >> LDFLAGS= -Vaxlib -i-static -static
>>>> >>
>>>> >> ARFLAGS_EXTRA=
>>>> >>
>>>> >> FCFLAGS_fixed_f=
>>>> >> FCFLAGS_free_f90=
>>>> >> FPPFLAGS_fixed_F=
>>>> >> FPPFLAGS_free_F90=
>>>> >>
>>>> >> BLAS_LIBS= -L/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/em64t -lmkl_em64t
>>>> >> LAPACK_LIBS=-L/opt/intel/mkl/10.0.1.014/lib/em64t -lmkl_lapack
>>>> >> BLACS_LIBS=
>>>> >> SCALAPACK_LIBS=
>>>> >>
>>>> >> COMP_LIBS=
>>>> >>
>>>> >> NETCDF_LIBS=/usr/lib/libnetcdf.so.4.0.0
>>>> >> NETCDF_INTERFACE=
>>>> >>
>>>> >> #LIBS=$(SCALAPACK_LIBS) $(BLACS_LIBS) $(LAPACK_LIBS) $(BLAS_LIBS) >>
>>>> >> $(NETCDF_LIBS)
>>>> >> LIBS= -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_em64t -lguide -lpthread -lmkl_core
>>>> >>
>>>> >> #SIESTA needs an F90 interface to MPI
>>>> >> #This will give you SIESTA's own implementation
>>>> >> #If your compiler vendor offers an alternative, you may change
>>>> >> #to it here.
>>>> >> MPI_INTERFACE=
>>>> >> MPI_INCLUDE=
>>>> >> MPI_LIBS=
>>>> >> DEFS_MPI=
>>>> >>
>>>> >> #Dependency rules are created by autoconf according to whether
>>>> >> #discrete preprocessing is necessary or not.
>>>> >> .F.o:
>>>> >> $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS_fixed_F) $<
>>>> >> .F90.o:
>>>> >> $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS) $(FPPFLAGS_free_F90) $<
>>>> >> .f.o:
>>>> >> $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FCFLAGS_fixed_f) $<
>>>> >> .f90.o:
>>>> >> $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $(INCFLAGS) $(FCFLAGS_free_f90) $<
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>> > --
>>>> >
>>>> > 211 LRSM, 3231 Walnut Str., Philadelphia, PA 19104
>>>> > 215-573-8440
>>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> 211 LRSM, 3231 Walnut Str., Philadelphia, PA 19104
>>> 215-573-8440
>>>
>
>

Responder a