to plot DOS following procedure to be followed:
(i) Put values exactly on the first line after the Fermi energy of
SystemLabel.EIGsuch that 0.05 1000 -10 10 Here first value is (eta)
precision second is
(Ne) number of eigen values Third and last are min and max energy
(ii) use command
eig2dos < SystemLabel.EIG | tee dos.dat
(iii) type gnuplot on terminal
then use command
plot 'dos.dat' w l
If you again find some problem then send your SystemLabel.EIG I will check
it
With regards
Dr U S Sharma
RJIT, BSF Tekanpur
Gwalior
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Nick Papior Andersen
<[email protected]>wrote:
> as it says, dont pipe the eig into eig2dos.
> Do
>
> ./Eig2DOS Si.EIG | tee dos.dat
>
> Kind regards Nick
>
> 2013/5/2 Drogar <[email protected]>
>
>> Dear SIESTA user
>>
>> I had a problem with plotting DOS. I compiled Eig2DOS and transfer it
>> into my Silicon file.
>> I add "0.05 1000 10 -10 " to Si.EIG and then run - ./Eig2DOS < Si.EIG |
>> tee dos,dat - then see
>>
>> Aspire-5742G:~/Desktop/si$ ./Eig2DOS < Si.EIG | tee dos,dat
>> Usage: Eig2DOS [-d] [-s] [-l] [-m] [-M] [-b] [-B] [-h] EIGfile
>> Use -h option for manual
>>
>> i run with Eig2DOS < Si.EIG | tee dos,dat and Eig2DOS < Si.EIG >
>> dos.dat , too but see the same .
>>
>> what can i do with this to plot DOS.?
>>
>> every suggestion is helpful...
>> --
>> with the best wishes...
>> Jafar
>>
>
>