Dear Fei,Good that you have solved your problem.Well, the peak width (an 
energy) is for broadening the eigenvalues. You can choose any number and plot 
the DOS to see how it looks like. It is for broadening, so it will affect the 
shape of your DOS. You can play with it and plot your DOS for different values 
of broadening for the same k-points. 
The number of points are just the number (number of points in the energy 
window) to connect two points in numerical integration. In the language of 
numerical methods, if you use large number of points then your function (in 
this case your DOS) will be like a curve, and if you use very small number then 
it will look like a line. We do the same when we plot the band structure. You 
can also play with it.Regards,Gul
 Dr. Gul Rahman
Assistant Professor,
Department of Physics,
Quaid-i-Azam University,
Islamabad, Pakistanhttp://www.qau.edu.pk/profile.php?id=818020
 


     On Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 7:16, 毛飞 <[email protected]> wrote:
   

 >Dear Rahman    Thank you for you kind reply, and your suggestion works!    
 >Can you explain to me why, is there any relationship or requirement for 
 >choosing the peak width and the number of points in the energy window in the 
 >block definition.    Regards Fei 
在2015-08-11,Gul Rahman <[email protected]> 写道: 
-----原始邮件-----
发件人: Gul Rahman <[email protected]>
发送时间: 2015年8月11日 星期二
收件人: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
主题: Re: [SIESTA-L] The problem of DOS and PDOS calculation

Try something like this%block ProjectedDensityOfStates
  -25.00  20.00  0.100  1500  eV
%endblock ProjectedDensityOfStates

 Dr. Gul Rahman
Assistant Professor,
Department of Physics,
Quaid-i-Azam University,
Islamabad, Pakistanhttp://www.qau.edu.pk/profile.php?id=818020



On Monday, 10 August 2015, 18:38, 毛飞 <[email protected]> wrote:


Dear Siesta Developers and Users I am trying to calculate DOS and PDOS. To 
calculate both I add a block label in the input file, such us:%block 
ProjectedDensityOfSTates -10.0   10.0   0.05  700 eV%endblock 
ProjectedDensityOfStatesI obtain two output files SystemLabel.DOS and 
SystemLabel.PDOS. However, the *.DOS is totally empty, and the content in the 
*.PDOS is, <pdos><nspin>1</nspin><norbitals>  18</norbitals><energy_values 
units="eV"></energy_values> It is strange, I cannot understand these results, 
and I have searched the mail archive of Siesta, but I don’t find the 
explanations to this problem. Dose anybody encounter the problem before? I am 
using the version of siesta-3.2-pl-5. RegardsFei MaoUSC








  

Responder a