Your electrodes may be erroneously setup.

I encourage you to check the electronic structure (ES) of something
you already know the result of.
If you can't reproduce such an ES you may question your compilation.

2016-03-17 13:45 GMT+01:00  <[email protected]>:
> Dear Rajan,
>
> thanks for this information. I will in future work with this procedure.
>
> Some more things that confuse me are the following:
>
> 1. When I re-run the same setup, I get deviations up to 15% in the 
> transmission. What could be the reason for this?
>
> 2. I did calculations of the same setup with transiesta 3.2-pl-5 and 4.0b-485 
> and also got quite different characteristics in the transmission spectrum. 
> Same question: what could be the reason for this? I didn't notice any changed 
> defaults.
>
> Apart from this, are there reliable ways to tell if my compilation is stable?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> JH
>
> Rajan Singh schrieb am 2016-03-14:
>> Hii
>
>> You should do following steps:
>
>> 1. Decide your structure
>> 2. Run structure with different k pts and plot energy vs k pt
>> See after some k pt energy values nearly same
>> 3. Do same with mesh cuttoff
>> 4. Relax structure with CG steps
>> 5. Then electrode calculation
>> And finally tranmission calculations
>
>> Regards
>> Rajan Singh
>
>> Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone
>
>> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> >Dear users,
>> >
>> >I am pretty new to Siesta/TranSiesta and I'm currently struggling with the 
>> >following topic: I want to compute equilibrium transmission of 
>> >Poly(3-Methylthiophene) with different chain lengths. My current (ideally 
>> >periodic) _test_ system consists of 100 atoms (a 10mer) of which 2x40 atoms 
>> >build the electrodes. At the moment I'm doing lots of tests with different 
>> >parameters like k vectors, box sizes, MeshCutoff and others. The finally 
>> >important quantity is the transmission.
>> >My problem is now that I'm not really seeing a "pattern": I find it hard to 
>> >understand which physical quantity indicates a good or bad convergence 
>> >w.r.t. the transmission. I'm observing energies and of course the 
>> >transmission function. What confuses me most is that the transmission 
>> >function changes shape very drastically for changes like e.g. increasing or 
>> >decreasing the kx,ky vectors by 1. Sometimes transmission values de- or 
>> >increase by up to 6 magnitues, in combination with a totally different 
>> >characteristic.
>> >Also, the same calculation yields deviations of up to 15% at for example 
>> >T(E=Ef) when repeated. Could this be connected to a numerical instability 
>> >due to a compilation problem or a "defective" math library?
>> >Literature indicates a transmission T(E=Ef) ~ 0-1 G0. Most of my results 
>> >range between 0.17 and 0.01 G0 (again: with very different transmission 
>> >function shapes).
>> >I'm afraid of having an understanding problem somewhere or missing out 
>> >something important.
>> >
>> >I hope that I can get some advice.
>> >
>> >Thanks and best regards,
>> >JH



-- 
Kind regards Nick

Responder a