Hi,

It is correct that for V=0 and dT=0 there is no current.

The *bond currents*, or lets call them orbital currents, can be viewed as
how the electrons would pass through the structure at a given k-point and
at a specific energy.
So if you consider an infinitesimal V the bond-current at E=Ef would be how
the electrons pass through the device.

One can then calculate how the full current passes through the device by
integrating the bond-currents (as one would do for the transmission) for
the entire bias window.

You should be able to cut the orbital-currents such that you find the total
transmission. However, the cut must cut the full device in 2; but how you
make that cut is up to you.
So I don't know how you did it, but I think something went wrong then ;)

As for getting the incoming and reflection waves. That is not as trivial
and we have not tried to do it with the current quantities that can be
calculated (I think you need one more term).
But what you can do is calculate the reflected transmission. You calculate
the bulk transmission and the total transmission. Subtract the two and you
have the reflected transmission.

--
Kind regards Nick
--
SIESTA is supported by the Spanish Research Agency (AEI) and by the European
H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/)

Responder a