Hi all,

I'm sorry but I've been reading the mail from top of my mailbox.

Thank you again, for your valuable comments.

 | My position is exactly aligned with Owen's:
 | "I do not support the proposal as written. I would support it if
 | /28s were issued whenever possible and /29s were only issued in
 | cases where the existing assignment or allocation cannot be
 | expanded to at least /28."

I understand this might be one option, but I think this is not fair
for many LIRs who has been tackling IPv6 from the early stage.

Yours Sincerely,
--
Tomohiro Fujisaki

From: "HENDERSON MIKE, MR" <michael.hender...@nzdf.mil.nz>
Subject: Re: [sig-policy] New version of prop-111: Request-based expansion of
IPv6 default allocation size [SECURITY=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 22:00:20 +0000

 | Masato,
 |
 | My position is exactly aligned with Owen's:
 | "I do not support the proposal as written. I would support it if /28s were
issued whenever possible and /29s were only issued in cases where the existing
assignment or allocation cannot be expanded to at least /28."

 | Regards
 |

 | Mike

of IPv6 default allocation size [SECURITY=UNCLASSIFIED]

<michael.hender...@nzdf.mil.nz<mailto:michael.hender...@nzdf.mil.nz>> wrote:

 | I do not favour IPv6 allocations on "non-nibble" boundaries, I believe that
allocations ought to be made on "nibble" (i.e. 4-bit) boundaries. On that
basis, the next allocation larger than /32 would be /28, not /29.
 | Address masking and calculation on /29 boundaries will in my view be quite
nasty, and the size of the IPv6 address space is sufficiently large that we
need not, and therefore should not, impose such inconveniences on ourselves.

 | Hence, in my IPv6 allocation world, a resource holder who has a demonstrated
need (for whatever value of 'need' seems appropriate) for address space larger
than /32, should be allocated a /28.
 | If they are 'growing' an existing /32, then the new /28 would very
preferably be one that includes the currently-allocated /28.

 | However, I understand the current situation is that the 'legacy' IPv6
address allocation was for smaller allocations within blocks on /29 boundaries,
if I read the Proposition correctly.
 | As a special case only, I would support the allocation of these 'legacy /29'
blocks. The provisos being that firstly they do fall into this 'legacy'
category, and that secondly it is not possible (owing to allocation to a third
party) to allocate a /28 to the relevant resource holder

 | But this proposal is NOT ONLY for the special case.
 | Every organizations, which are new comers, "legacy" IPv6 space holder, and
existing IPv6 space holder with sparse allocation mechanism,
 | will be eligible for /29 by providing necessary information as shown in
Sec.4.