Hi Owen, all,

In previous versions I tried to make a shorter text and didn’t worked.

Let me try to explain each part:

“Providing addressing space to third party devices including addresses for
point-to-point links”

This covers the case of a subcontractor with devices siting on the holders
network may be for several years, and in this case they are “permanently”
connected (during the duration of the contract), explained in my problem
statement as:

One more case is when an end-user contracts a third-party to do some services
in their own network and they need to deploy their own devices, even servers,
network equipment, etc. For example, security surveillance services may require
that the contractor provides their own cameras, recording system, even their
own firewall and/or router for a dedicated VPN, etc. Of course, in many cases,
this surveillance system may need to use the addressing space of the end-user.

Of course, the 2nd part of the sentence is for the point-to-point links, I
think that’s very obvious.

“and/or non-permanently providing addressing space to third Parties”

This covers the other cases, BYOD (employee or guest of a corporation, student
of a university, visitor in a hot-spot, etc.), which are more commonly for some
hours or minutes, even days.

“The provision of addressing space for permanent or semi-permanent
connectivity,
such as broadband services, is still considered a sub-assignment.”

We want to make sure that ISPs, typically offering broadband services, aren’t
end-users, as they should be LIRs.

Regards,

Jordi