Hi all,

I support this policy, however, I think there is no need to do this only if the 
requester ask for it, I will say this must be done for any request for a 
shorter prefix than /32.

The rationale for that is that when you need mor than /32, you need to provide 
documentation that justify it, and I will say this documentation must include a 
proper addressing plan. That addressing plan may consider “n” years of network 
grow, according to each ISP business plans and using /48s for each 
end-site-location (even residential users).

There is not a problem with IPv6 space if we provide each ISP the nibble 
boundary that is closer to their needs, this way, they have a bit more space to 
grow in the future and probably don’t need to come back to APNIC.

We have discussed this several times in RIPE, and at least during meetings, it 
seemed that there is consensus to go for it, so probably, in my opinion, sooner 
or later, we will have a proposal in this direction reaching consensus.

Something that I’m missing in the proposal is the choice for the operator, when 
APNIC can’t allocate a single sufficiently big prefix, to replace it by another 
one and return the previous in sufficient time for a renumbering operation (I 
will say 12 months). It is a choice of the operator to opt for one or the other 
option (we did that in several other RIRs), but the current proposal doesn’t 
allow it. I know renumbering is a pain, but some people may be willing to do it.

Regards,
Jordi

@jordipalet


**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.



_______________________________________________
SIG-policy - https://mailman.apnic.net/[email protected]/
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to