Hi,

On Fri, Apr 06, 2018 at 12:05:24AM +0100, Simon Kelley wrote:
> ../../install/bin/pulseview(main+0x60e)[0x47f3be]
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf0)[0x7f301cbda830]
> ../../install/bin/pulseview(_start+0x29)[0x480db9]

Hm, strange. This shouldn't happen, we're not aware of any bugs like
that. Please feel free to join us on IRC (#sigrok on Freenode) for some
more "live" debugging if possible.

What distribution and library versions are you using? Can you reproduce
the problem with sigrok-cli and attach the full output of such a problematic
run with "sigrok-cli ... -l 5"? Also a gdb backtrace of the coredump
(if any).

Ideally, please open a bugreport with all that info at
sigrok.org/bugzilla so we can keep track of things more easily.

> The decoder source is available at
>
> http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/sigrok/pd.py
>
> Please excuse the quality of the code: I'm new to Python and sigrok.
>

> Small sample files or captures run OK, but crash when exiting Pulseview,
> larger data causes an immediate crash, I guess, looking at the
> backtrace, because they trigger garbage collection.
>
> Any clues on how to get this working would be really useful.

Please make some *.sr files available for testing that can reproducibly
lead to this issue, so that we can try to reproduce and fix the problem.

Ideally you could directly add the files to our sigrok-dumps git
repository, we're collecting interesting sample files, e.g. for purposes
of regression testing of protocol decoders against those, etc.

> I'm happy to donate this decoder to the sigrok collection if you want
> it, but it's specific to a 2-ton replica of a 1949 historic comuputer,
> so I doubt anyone else will ever have a use for it :)
>
> http://www.tnmoc.org/special-projects/edsac

Sure, please add the decoder to the libsigrokdecode repository (let us
know from where to pull, e.g. your github clone or such). If github is
too much hassle, you can also send a patch or the individual files
as well. Please add the usual license header to your *.py files as well
before the merge, thanks!

Cheers, Uwe.
--
http://hermann-uwe.de | http://randomprojects.org | http://sigrok.org