I have created a new tektronix-ocp2k5 driver for TBS1000B/EDU, TBS1000,
TDS2000C/TDS1000C-EDU, TDS2000B/TDS1000B, TDS2000/TDS1000, TDS200 and
TPS2000B/TPS2000 Series Digital Oscilloscopes. I tried to find a proper
name for this protocol, but Tektronix support was being squirrely about a
name, so I just arbitrarily came up with the blandly-generic "oscilloscope
control protocol 2k5" as that is the only words somewhat used to describe
it in the programming manual, plus the size of memory of all of these
devices. I also thought about calling it the "lem2k5" for "Low-end
Millennium" as this protocol seems to emerge around the turn of the
millennium in low-end scopes with the TDS200 series. I'm happy to oblige a
name change to something else.

I have verified it using a TDS2000B series scope
<https://sigrok.org/wiki/Tektronix_TDS2000B_series>. A lot of features
aren't supported, but I think the critical ones are taken care of. Luckily,
since it appears that local control isn't locked out, more advanced
features can still be configured via the front panel. The most glaring
example of this is the trigger voltage, which PulseView doesn't seem to
support.

I didn't update the udev rules, but I am querying the vendor for all the
relevant PIDs.

I have opened a github PR here:
https://github.com/sigrokproject/libsigrok/pull/213

The branch itself is here:
https://github.com/byteit101/libsigrok/tree/tek_tds2000b

Note that the branch is based on the sigrok.org master, not the out-of-date
github master.

There are some additional screenshots on the github PR.

Thanks,

Patrick