From: Nancy Reder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 11:52:48 -0800
To: "Conversation: The on-line numbers weren't quite right -- please
ignore this morning's email
Subject: The on-line numbers weren't quite right -- please ignore this
morning's email

Well, I guess I should have waiting to get the Department's budget
briefing book because the on-line numbers weren't quite right. The $48 M
for the SPDGs is still there - no worry about that, but Part C and 619
were not cut - at least not from the FY 08 numbers. Everything was
pretty much level funded except for Part B, which did get an increase to
$11.28 B from $10.95 B. Technology and Media Services in Part D was cut
from $39.3 to $30.9 M.  The biggest news in the budget is increased
funding for Reading First and the President's Pell Grants for Kids - a
new voucher program. More to come soon.

Nancy Reder

NASDSE

(703) 519-3800, ext. 334