New question #401580 on Sikuli:

I've been using Sikuli for a school project recently and am very impressed with
the program.  The issue I've been running into though is that the current
vision algorithms are insufficient when either 1) background changes 2)
transparency is enabled. There are of course easier ways to solve this problem
( increase training set), but being a student I prefer to get my hands dirty so
to speak. So I've been digging into SikuliX and found that the vision
algorithms are called using JNI to OpenCV and to vision.h.

Is it possible to modify the vision.cpp implementation to include simple sobel
edge detection to improve the detection process?
If so then do I build the sikuli libraries again with the make files located in
StuffContainer/LibsBuild/build/windows/TheBuildProcess/11_Vision/ ?

is an answer contact for Sikuli.