Asheru posted a new comment:
Sorry, my bad. I was not clear enough.

To be more specific, the problem is:

We are testing an app(MyTestApp let's call it) and we have a large suite
of tests built with sikulix+python. This are executed on two virtual
machines from TFS.

'MyTestApp' uses a module called 'pdftk' when you open a pdf doc from
this app. The app is adding at installation to windows Path this :
C:\Program Files (x86)\PDFtk\bin, in order for this module to work.

On the VM when sikuli script is trying to open a PDF file the path to PDFTK is
not found anymore.
It works locally, no problem.

I know it should not have any impact no matter how many things you have
in windows PATH, but could it possibly be something from sikuli like
changing something in path variable or something similar that could
affect other paths already present there?

is an answer contact for Sikuli.