Hi, I have an application which is designed to automate taking part in
auctions. One of the functions in the app is to monitor the time left on the
auction. It does this by defining a region where the timer appears and then
grabs the text from there before doing some processing on the text  to convert
it into a number.

               time_reg = (Region(260,692,89,29))
               Debug.user("In Timer calculator...")
               time_left_s = time_reg.text()
 #              Debug.user("time_left_s = "+time_left_s)
               time_left_i = time_left_s.split(" ")
                  # time_left_j = time_left_i.split()
               print ("Time left i = ",time_left_i)
               number_of_elements = len(time_left_i)

The problem is that the time_reg.text() call is finding text  which does not
exists when I call it from my procedure. If I extract the code to a function on
its own and then call that from a simple piece of code it finds the correct
information. If I call the procedure from my main procedure it doesn't.  The
names used in this piece of code are unique and only used in these few lines.
The phantom text that is found is pretty consistent in that it relates to the
item being auctioned (cars), for example:

('Time left i = ', ['|', 'ASTI'])

But this string appears nowhere on the screen never mind in the region defined
by time_reg. My question therefore is: is this a bug in Sikuli ?

is an answer contact for Sikuli.