Mark McGuinn is still having a problem:
Hi RaiMan,

   many thanks for the response,i t has helped me to move things
forward. However there is still a problem which is difficult for me as a
newbie to sikuli and python to understand. Using the function you
provided I get back as string containing the time left, which is fine.
The problem arises when I try to convert the string to an int, I get the
situation where the string being returned doesn't contain a string with
a number instead it returns a string which is linked to the auction but
does not appear on the screen. Below is the code:

        time_left_i = get_time_left(Region(260,692,89,29))
        print("Time Left i...",time_left_i)​
        if time_left_i[0] == "PLETE":​
            print("Auction Over")​
            break​
        elif time_left_i[0] == "SOON":​
            make_bid(max_bid)​
        else:​
            wait_time_1 =  re.sub("[^0-9]","",time_left_i[0]) ​
            print("Wait time 1 is ",wait_time_1)​
            print("The type of wait_time_ is:",type(wait_time_1))​
#            wait_time_2 = int(wait_time_1)​
            result = isinstance(wait_time_1, str)​
            print(wait_time_1,'instance of string?', result)​
​
            wait_time_2 = wait_time_1 * 60​
            print("Wait time 3 is ",wait_time_2)​
   #         wait_time = wait_time_1 - 5​
            print("Else")​
#

This invalid string causes  an exception in the ide. It therefore
appears that the int() function is interfering with the reg.text call.
Is this possible?

Error caused by int()
[error] script [ auction_control ] stopped with error in line 95
[error] ValueError ( invalid literal for int() with base 10: '' )​
[error] --- Traceback --- error source first​
line: module ( function ) statement ​
95: main (  <module> )     wait_time_2 = int(wait_time_1)​
[error] --- Traceback --- end --------------

Thanks
Mark

The Future Is Certain Give Us Time To Work It Out