RaiMan proposed the following answer:
I made the test and can confirm: at the beginning running the snippet
from inside the IDE I had the problem (at about 300+).

Then after repeating the test (running the script with -r), I could not
reproduce it again.

Even not when running the script from inside the IDE again.

Watching the memory consumption in parallel, I could see, that the usage
constantly increases (which is normal), but also that the GC (Java
garbage collection) works as it should: cutting down the usage from time
to time.

So I guess, that it is one of those ugly memory related problems, that
are very hard to tackle.

... but I'll do my very best.

meanwhile you might try this:
https://github.com/RaiMan/SikuliX1/issues/323