RaiMan proposed the following answer:
Thanks again for your efforts.

But doing my tests, I am rather sure, that this has nothing to do with
OCR as such.

Internally to trigger the OCR feature, a new screenshot is taken each time the
Reg.text() is processed.
This constantly increases memory consumption (BufferedImage).

But in my tests (using the script from comment #6) one can see, that if
free memory gets short, GC does its job and increases free memory again.

So I cannot reproduce this problem on my system (Win 10, Java 11).

So if this problem really persists in your environment, you either
should restart the IDE from time to time or run the offending script
from command line using -r

is an answer contact for Sikuli.