send you the limited edition of receiver with speakers which they were
offering until a few weeks ago.

Anil

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 02:08:45 +0530, Abhijit Menon-Sen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:From: Abhijit Menon-Sen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 02:08:45 +0530
Subject: Re: [silk] Audiophile advice
I need some anti-audiophile advice.

I subscribed to Outlook and got a free Worldspace receiver and a 6-month
subscription. The receiver (which arrived today, after much delay) is a
little box with RCA outputs. The only Worldspace receiver I've seen had
a little built-in speaker, and that's what I was expecting, so I was a
bit disappointed to see that this one didn't have speakers.

I don't have an amp, or a stereo, or speakers to plug this into.

So: what is the minimum I can spend to get halfway decent sound out of
the thing? Should I get PC speakers and forget the amp? Should I look
for a cheap little stereo with built-in speakers (if such things still
exist)? Or does someone know where (in Delhi) I can get cheap speakers
with an amplifier?

-- ams