On 9/5/07, Kattukaran Gabin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 05-Sep-07, at 10:43 AM, Srini Ramakrishnan wrote:
> When it comes to laptops I still prefer the clit to the trackpad
> (unless I have a wireless mouse handy.) IMHO, there is a certain
> economy of expression to the clit that is missing from all the other
> pointers. Unfortunately, the number of laptops that offer it are
> dwindling.

For a while last year I looked around for a desktop keyboard that
incorporated a **trackpointer** but gave up. I can't figure out why
it's not more popular than it is.

In my previous job, we had all IBM laptops so everybody could choose
between trackpads and trackpointers. The vast majority preferred
trackpads. Go figure!

My current laptop only has a trackpad, which I have disabled and I use
a wireless mouse instead.

-- b