I haven't made sweeping generalizations - nowhere have I said that all
Indian research is bogus. However there is a tendency in many
institutions towards letting plagiarism go unchecked - which affects
the quality of research produced.

That each of us on this list knows one or two institutions that hold
themselves to higher standards doesn't mean we don't also know many
that couldn't care less for integrity in research. I am pretty
confident that a majority (i.e. mostly) of Indian research is suspect
of varying degrees of academic dishonesty.

Cheeni