On Jan 24, 2008 10:06 AM, Charles Haynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To bring this back around to the start of the thread... it seems to me
> there would be a fair amount of selection bias in that.

Fair enough. I almost certainly haven't been to half the countries you
have! :)  And judging by news reports, more than a few of the European
governments seem to be getting very xenophobic.  I count myself lucky
I haven't needed to visit them. But of the countries I've been to --
some in the Schengen region, South America and Asia apart from the
United States -- the one that has makes me feel the most unwelcome
every time I land there is the US.  Unfortunate, because the people
I've met there have been among the friendliest. (Brazil and Spain
still top that list.)

> I don't know about you, but I tend to avoid countries with strongly xenophobic
> governments, being a xeno and all. What bothers me more than
> individually xeonophobia, is the apparent rise in isolationism
> globally.

Amen to that.

Venky, the Second.