On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 4:15 PM, ss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  In fact the greatest opposition to what I say come from Hindus. A lot of
>  Christians I know are perfectly comfortable Indians. They don;t visit temples
>  to prove that. They are "Hindu" in every sense of the word and also see how
>  evangelism leads to strife.

The fact of the matter is that conversion does not happen in a vacuum.
On the supply side of the conversion there are factors like
evangelical churches with doctrines that measure their success by the
number of souls they have "saved". On the demand side there is
millenia-old social oppression, lack of social mobility and, in some
cases, free money for going through the motions during a service a
hour a week. Evangelism leads to strife as much as discrimination
based on caste leads to strife.

>  Your charming story gives me a half-warm fuzzy, but leaves me cold in its
>  pointed ignorance of the fact that evangelism does cause trouble.

The story of the brutal murder of an evangelical preacher and his
young son does not leave me fuzzy in any way.

Thaths
--
Bart: We were just planning the father-son river rafting trip.
Homer: Hehe. You don't have a son.