I've been wondering why there is an acute lack of *any* restaurant, in
Bangalore, that serves Mexican food. I'm not sure if this is true of
the rest of India too...

A friend contrasted this to the proliferation of Chinese and Italian
(or rather, Indian versions) restaurants because, in his opinion, the
base cuisine, Mexican, is far too similar to Indian food as against
Chinese and Italian cuisines and consequently, the latter offer a
greater degree of conversion and assimilation to Indian tastes and
that this process of conversion and assimilation, Indian-isation if
you will, is important to local adaptability and acceptance.

What does the list think? And are there any decent Mexican joints in
and outside of Bangalore?

Does anyone else bemoan the lack of enchiladas and things of that ilk?

Cheers!

Gautam

--
Please read our new blog at: