A slightly more tawdry, but almost equally creepy, version of something
we've discussed before here [1] - messages (seemingly) from beyond the
grave.

I logged into my various IM accounts after several days, and was greeted
by an offline message advertising some dubious site, purportedly from a
friend. A perfectly ordinary occurrence - lots of people have their
accounts cracked and used to send spam messages. Only, this particular
friend died last month.

It got me wondering, what are the policies at various sites, such as
yahoo and google, for account-holders who die? What happens to their data?

Udhay