The video (someone's captured the relevant bit from the BBC iPlayer) is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaA-5_IjkeE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It's bloody amazing!

These things can be done, if wished, but a senior member of the Government has
to accept the invitation to a phone call to the chairman of foundation X—and
then we can get into business. This is too big an issue. I am just an ageing,
obsessive old Peer and I am easily dispensable, but getting to the truth is
not. We need to know what really is happening here. We must find out the truth
of this situation.

And this is an amazing admission:
My biggest terrorist client was the IRA and I am pleased to say that I managed
to write off more than £1 billion of its money. I have also had extensive
connections with north African terrorists, but that was of a far nastier
nature, and I do not want to talk about that because it is still a security
issue. I hasten to add that it is no good getting the police in, because I
shall immediately call the Bank of England as my defence witness, given that it
put me in to deal with these problems.

I'm surprised not more of an issue is being made of that.

And my bit of lunacy to further the theory: Quite obviously Foundation X can't be something that is that well known, since their antecedents wouldn't need this kind of investigation then. It is ridiculous to suggest that it is something like OITC (as Hopi Sen and others have) since if it was a scam big enough for Wikipedia,[1] it wouldn't need the kind of analysis that at least three Lords have been conducting. (And if he had enough Google fu to realize that the multiple sources all used the same ur-source (National Geographic) for information on total quantum of gold mined, then he wouldn't be a fool enough to miss this.)

[1]: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Office_of_International_Treasury_Control

- Pranesh