On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Aditya Kapil <blue...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does one roast green beans?

Charles will no doubt specify the density and material of the vessel you
must use....but in the days when I was roasting and grinding the beans at
home, I would just use a heavy "kadai" (traditional wok), and keep stirring
the beans until they are a nice dark brown, with a greasy "sheen" on them.
I've ground the coffee both on my mother-in-law's wrought-iron coffee
grinder, and on my little Braun, too.

And Charles, you'll kill me for this, but it was entirely TOO much trouble
(everyone would ask me to roast and grind some for them, too!)..... I find
buying 200gms of coffee powder from Cotha's at 2.30pm works fine for me! :)