For the third year in a row, I am turning to silk listers for book
recommendation this holiday season.

What have you read over the last year that has left a mark on you?
What are you eagerly looking forward to reading over the Christmas/New
Year's holidays?

Past silk list recommendations have included such gems as:

* Alice Albina's Empires of the Indus
* Samanth Subramaniam's Following Fish
* Sarnath Bannerjee's Barn Owl's Wondrous Capers, and
* Devdutt Pattanaik's Myth=Mithya.

Books that are easy to get a hold of in India (and more difficult
elsewhere) preferred (but not required). Fiction and non-fiction
recommendations are equally welcome.

Thaths
--
Marge: Quick, somebody perform CPR!
Homer: Umm (singing) I see a bad moon rising.