On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 1:30 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<sur...@hserus.net> wrote:
> Even the so called free press is more often than not never truly free - due
> to the political leanings of its editor and columnists say. So you might
> come into the real world a bit.
>
> Also you do realize you godwins law'd this argument right? Comparing the GoI
> for all its flaws to the nazi regime by bringing in jackboot type metaphors
> just gets ridiculous

It seems rather appropriate to repeat what I wrote elsewhere on the
web only a couple of days ago in the context of the Occupy Wall Street
protests, maybe I should attach it to my emails as a standard
disclaimer.

<<<
The powerful have always used force and violence to keep the powerless
in check. This is the way of humanity. It has always been so, and will
always be.

The modern democratic wage slave is kept in check by mass media and
its control over public consciousness. Failing to obey, and worse
still disrupting the illusion will draw the worst of punishments. The
machinery is expensive, and throwing the figurative spanner in the
works will not be tolerated.

It isn't soft hearted concern that makes the establishment shun brute
force, but because deceit is so much cheaper and does not disrupt
productivity.

The only blue collar professional to witness a steady rise in numbers
in recent decades is the security guard, rather curious isn't it?

Questioning the capitalistic barons is heresy. Heretics shall be made
an example of, and the obedient masses will do well to learn and be
content to be distracted by the table scraps flung in their direction.

Yes, one day, eventually, there will be an uprising, there always is.
Every brutal lord makes the mistake of choking the great beast to the
point of action, but the subsequent generations of overlords learn
from those mistakes, that too is the way it always is.

As long as there is imbalance in power the powerful will always be
tempted to control the powerless.

If the indoctrination efforts of the overlords were successful on you,
then at this point what I've just said is being dismissed in your head
as idealism, communism, utopia, foolishness, silliness or any of the
numerous pejorative terms you've been taught to apply to such
behavior.

C'est la vie!