Cheeni, you did read what I wrote about urdu originally evolving as a lingua
franca for Mughal troops of various ethnicities (arab, turk, farsi, afghan,
uzbek, tajik etc + various indian ethnic groups)?

In fact it was originally called lashkari (army speech) for that reason ..

Poetry in urdu is a bit "late" in evolving, as you point out - because most
poets considered it street argot, whereas the courtly language was Persian
and earlier, turki.