On Jul 22, 2012, at 12:27 PM, Chandrachoodan Gopalakrishnan wrote:

> I have also been meeting a few production houses/commissioners who tell me
> that some of my ideas have potential, and therefore I should produce a taster
> tape.

This is a long shot, but I have a friend with a long history of acting (with
some directing) in Hollywood.

Recently he's had success as a producer of shows for The History Channel on
cable TV.  I have no idea whether this channel is available in India or UK, but
it's very popular here in the States. Their mainstay is to do popularizations
of historical research, so a show on Indian archaeology, suitably tailored to
the History Channel's audience, might have a chance.

To give you an idea of how broad the sweep of what the History Channel
considers "history", my friend's current show is called "Shark Wranglers" and
it's about scientists who are tracking the migration of Great White sharks.
Before that he was the producer for a year of the TV show "The Deadliest Catch"
about  fishermen who harvest Alaska King Crab in the arctic.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0628392/

http://www.history.com/shows/shark-wranglers

I would be happy to put you in touch with David if that would be in any way
useful. He might have an insight into how to make a successful pitch to History
Channel.

Regards and good luck,

jrs

P. S. David also got his start doing music videos.