Seems unlikely. The Burgundians believe they came from Scandinavia  and
they're almost certainly just another East Germanic tribe. The name can be
traced back to at least 250 AD in Scandinavia, so unless
the Scandinavians were visiting South India earlier than that (or vice
versa) it seems pretty unlikely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgundians