On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM, mark seiden <m...@seiden.com> wrote:
> but i must ask:
[...]
> why is that your opinion?  (i have only been to the sunnyvale branch, rarely).
> (perhaps do they now serve Bhopal-style McDosas?)

Ethical: Their business practices in their early years were very rough
- killing those who wouldn't move off prime land, and the founder has
been formally convicted of bludgeoning someone to death. This is
India, where usually the conviction of someone rich and powerful
occurs on the corpses of a dozen other murders committed but
disappeared from view.

Nutritional like McD, Central kitchens, ingredients pre-frozen with
additives - and unhealthy doses of oil.

I find the ethical shortcomings more problematic - the food I eat
literally becomes me. It used to be unthinkable that someone would
sell food in ancient cultures, including India. Food was always
donated or shared freely, and the karmic imbalance of eating food that
was sold would work its way into your system eventually. If you take
the really long view this isn't so woo woo.

> and then what "brand" is about -- why people are willing to pay 10x or more
> for something that does not
> cost 10x or more to make.

A mental illness manifesting itself.