On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

> So here's a little life hack I use. I keep a list of easily forgotten
> phrases in Evernote [1] - you know the ones I am talking about, the ones
> that are perpetually on the "tip of your tongue" and drive you to
> distraction trying to remember them, usually because you remember a
> similar phrase and your internal search terminates at the false
> positive. :-\

That is a great life hack. I've had countless times when I've had trouble
recalling the exact term, but could describe the concept in general terms.

I thought it might be interesting to put out my list and ask the list:
> what are *your* easily forgotten phrases?
>
> Empirical

The above causes pain for me too. My brain refuses to index this word for
some reason. One other I can recall from the top of my head (Because of the
nature of the problem with these words, I cannot easily recall a list of
these problem words):

Orthogonal (I usually terminate the search and just say 'tangential')

Thaths
--
Homer: Hey, what does this job pay?
Carl:  Nuthin'.