> On 18 Sep 2016, at 07:42, Sriram Karra <karra....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> https://medium.com/@nntaleb/the-intellectual-yet-idiot-13211e2d0577
>
> Found this funny.  But just to question the opening statement (for the rest
> are mostly his delightful opinions)... are we seeing the 'rebellion"
> anywhere? In particular in India?
>
> ===
> The Intellectual Yet Idiot
>
> What we have been seeing worldwide, from India to the UK to the US, is the
> rebellion against the inner circle of no-skin-in-the-game policymaking
> “clerks” and journalists-insiders, that class of paternalistic
> semi-intellectual experts with some Ivy league, Oxford-Cambridge, or
> similar label-driven education who are telling the rest of us 1) what to
> do, 2) what to eat, 3) how to speak, 4) how to think… and 5) who to vote
> for.

Hi Sriram,
Have to admit, the pattern described by Taleb is quite easily recognised in UK.
In the Bay Area haven't seen much of it, again the networks that I have access
to seem to include high density of Ivy League folks, but never seen
differentiation based on Ivy League affiliation.

Very curious to know about the Indian view....

Anish Mohammed
Twitter: anishmohammed
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/anishmohammed
Skype: thecryptic