Yes, there are two I used to go to. One is World Culture in Basavanagudi (not
govt. but they run on a very fair fee), it has a collection that can keep a kid
busy for a couple of summers. The collection in the reading section of the
Govt. library in Malleshwaram was good (a good two decades ago), though their
lending section tends to be pretty bare (haven’t figured it out if it is
because they don’t have much or it is in demand), though I began reading my
Asimov’s from there.