Welcome!

Now you mention it, that's the funny, or rather, pitiful thing. A frank
discussion of sex often veers into the prurient, from horny and oversexed but
inexperienced students, to snickering locker room talk from middle aged people
who tend not to get much at all.

Places where "the middle ground" exists and people are actually comfortable
discussing sex are few and far between.

By the way if you haven't already, you might take a look at Kate Lister's
twitter feed @whoresofyore - she's a sexual / sex work historian who manages to
keep the discussion fun, frank and interesting.

--srs