> Out of curiosity: What is the difference
> between active and passive lurking?

In my mind,

active lurking is reading the post and enjoying the discussion but
consciously (for whatever motive) not responding.

And passive lurking is mostly not reading the post and discussions but not
LEAVING the list or redirecting to a folder where it's it of view.

I've gone through both phases with Silk. Sometimes I'm in a phase of
solitude, where my intention is to listen and learn rather than talk and
teach. I actively lurk during phases like this.

Sometimes I've got something big in my life which needs all of my
mindspace, and in such phases processing an interesting idea or discussion
is actually a hindrance, and I will passively lurk through such phases.