Hi Vani,

I haven't had to deal with mental illness in myself or in my immediate
family.

But I have seen several people discussing mental health and getting support
from each other online.

E.g. On Twitter, there is a handle @therestlessquil operated by a woman who
regularly discusses mental illness. In fact, just this morning she was
asking people dealing with Bipolar to respond to get thread because she is
thinking of organizing group therapy.

Also, a close friend whose mother deals with some pretty intense mental
health issues had found The White Swan to be a great resource. Especially
from the perspective of the caregiver, which often goes unacknowledged:
http://www.whiteswanfoundation.org

Hope this information helps you.